I'm Sameer Raichur (b.1986), independent photographer based out of Bangalore, India. I graduated with distinction from the Hallmark Institute of Photography; Turners Falls, MA in 2012 - necessary course correction after a brief stint in a corporate law firm.
My personal work frequently revolves around the themes of family and kinship. My projects often take me to the Indian countryside, I draw inspiration from the diversity of culture and landscape between urban and rural India.
My editorial work - primarily travel documentary and portrait assignments - has been published in Forbes, GQ, Verve and Silkwinds magazines.
Awards and Recognition
- Toto Funds the Arts, Tasveer Emerging photographer of the year, 2015.
- Award of achievement for professional portfolio excellence, Hallmark Institute of Photography class of 2012.
- An Lanntair Arts Centre - Stornoway, Scotland; 7th Aug – 29th September, 2017. Fòcas India, 2017-2018 Document shortlist Exhibition.
- Max Mueller Bhavan / Goethe Institut, Bangalore. November 6-18, 2015.
- Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Mumbai. Focus Photography Festival, 2015 - ‘Call for Entries’ exhibit
- 1 Shanti Road, Bangalore. Roti Kapda aur Makaan’ - The Essentials of living July, 2013.
- Vismaya art gallery at the Rangoli metro art centre. ‘Portraits of a City’ June 9 - 23, 2015.